The last 8 months with Olivia have been amazing and precious. This time has also been ripe with stress, anxiety, uncertainty, sadness, and frustration. I wasn’t prepared for this complex constellation of emotions, especially those that surface like a tidal wave and leave you feeling unanchored… completely lost. I thought I was ready. I wasn’t. Although, the more I learn, the more I believe that you can never be truly ready.
Motherhood is an indescribable joy. It is also really hard at times. *Really hard!*
I’ve found a lot of truth and comfort in the following articles written by brave parents willing to document and share their candid, beautiful journey:
- Love her perspective on how the reality of motherhood challenged her expectations.
- An amazing description on “Good” and “Easy” babies.
- A reality check for all those that utter the famous phrase: “Just enjoy every second! It goes by so quick!”
- A beautiful reminder to anchor yourself in faith during stressful moments.
- An interesting theory on amnesia as related to motherhood!
- A reminder that bonding can take time– and that’s perfectly normal.